Wednesday, January 25

(Funny quotation: Interview with Caroline Rhea at One Night Stand)

HBO: Let's back up to way before you got here. What did you do for a living before you went into full-time comedy?

Caroline: My road to comedy was full process of elimination, no skill in any other area. I was a receptionist, I kept answering the phones saying, 'Hello, can you help me?' Which was not as bad as the woman who worked with me at the Bank of Minneapolis, who had been a phone sex operator. She used to answer the phone like this? 'Lick me where I pee. Sh**! Bank of Minneapolis? Hi, sorry, sorry.' And then what else did I do? I drove a chair. [LAUGHS] I was a catering waiter. I'd carry a tray - we called it the hernia cheese board, because it was like a marble slab that you had to carry around, and you'd be sweating into the food. The people would point at the tray and say, 'What's that?' It's my sweat, because this thing is so f***ing heavy I can't carry it. Do you want one or not? Then they would take a shrimp, go ah-ah-ah, put it back in the sauce, then ah-ah-ah some more. Then with that disgusting little shrimp tail, they'd go, 'Can I give you this?' And I'd say, 'Yes, I'm making a necklace, I just needed two more. Fantastic.' What else did I do? I talked to an animatronic cat for six years.

full article here: http://www.hbo.com/onenightstand/interviews/caroline_rhea.html